Completes First Collins Fusion and Venue Install in Challenger 604
West Star is pleased to announce the company has completed the first installation of both the Collins Pro Line Fusion system and Collins Venue CMS system in a Challenger 604 aircraft at its Grand Junction, CO (GJT) facility.
The avionics specialists at West Star Aviation are experienced with the in-depth cockpit and cabin upgrades over several generations of Collins equipment in various airframes. The company recently partnered with Collins on the successful installation of Fusion for 1st of Type STC on the CJ1+.
“The combination of Pro Line Fusion and the Collins Venue CMS retrofit on a Challenger 604 represented a unique first for not only West Star, but the industry as well,” said Walt Marcy, Avionics Technical Sales Manager (GJT).
The Fusion system offers several benefits to the proven and still robust Challenger airframe such as:
- Removes obsolescence issues with Pro Line IV cockpit components
- Brings aircraft back into full compliance with all international standards
- Adds full synthetic vision to the aircraft with multiple overlay options
- Enhanced safety through increased awareness with heads-up flying
- Adds full dual graphical flight planning with data link integration
- Adds domestic data link capabilities
This specific operator selected enhanced options with their install, including FANS/CPDLC, ANT B1/Link 2000+, Multiscan Weather, SXM Weather, Auto Throttle upgrade as well as a full Collins Venue CMS/IFE retrofit.
While in GJT for the cockpit and cabin avionic installations, the aircraft also underwent a full cabin refurbishment, including all soft goods and all new carbon fiber woodwork as well as a 96-month inspection.
The project was a perfect example of West Star’s Challenger and Avionics expertise and was returned to service just twelve weeks after input.